Housing Discrimination is a serious problem in Northeast Ohio. Despite State and Federal Laws, many Real Estate professionals continue to deploy discriminatory and illegal practices in the housing market.
The Fair Housing Act makes it illegal to discriminate against a person in selling, renting, or financing a home, on the basis of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, disability and the presence of children.
Specifically, The Act punishes the following conduct:
- Refusing to rent or sell a home
- Refusing to negotiate for housing
- Making a home unavailable
- Setting different terms, conditions or privileges for sale or rental of a home
- Providing different housing services or facilities
- Falsely denying that housing is available for inspection, sale, or rental
- Persuading owners to sell or rent (blockbusting) or
- Denying anyone access to or membership in a facility or service (such as a multiple listing service) related to the sale or rental of housing.
Have You Suffered Housing Discrimination?
Contact an Experienced and Effective Ohio Civil Rights Lawyer Today!